Here you can find an overview of local shops, doctors, driving directions and more.
Charlottenlund Fort Camping is located just 7 km north of Copenhagen to Oresund. The campsite is located close to the highway, and there are good bus and train connections to Copenhagen city center - journey by public transport takes about 20-25 minutes. Find your route on Google Maps.
If you go by car via highway E20/E47/E55 from the south or west: Continue on highway E47 towards Helsingør and take exit 17. Coming from the north: Follow highway E47 towards Rødby and take exit 17. Follow the signs against Jægersborg about 400 meters and turn left at the first lights towards Charlottenlund. Continue along Jægersborg Allé, pass two roundabouts and continue approx. 2 km until you come right down to the coast. Turn right on Strandvejen towards Hellerup, and you will find the campsite on your left around 400 meters ahead.
Bus 1A goes directly to Charlottenlund Fort Camping from Copenhagen Central Station and Nørreport Station. The bust stop near the campsite is called "Constantia". Buses run every 30 minutes during the day.
If you travel by train from Copenhagen Airport, you can take Kystbanetoget in the northbound direction towards Helsingør. Get off the train at Hellerup station and change to bus line 192 towards Charlottenlund. Get off the bus at the bus stop "Constantia". Alternatively, take the metro from Copenhagen Airport to Nørreport Station, and then switch to S-train linie B, C or E in the northbound direction and get off at Hellerup Station. Continue with bus line 192 from here to the bus stop "Constantia". S-train line C runs to Charlottenlund Station, which is ten minutes walk from Charlottenlund Fort Camping.
We accept most major credit cards.
When paying at the reception using credit/debit cards, we recommend payment in GBP rather than any other currency, as this exchange rate is least costly for you. No fees are charged when paying by credit card.
For cash payment we receive in addition following foreign currency in addition to DKK, however only in notes:
Upon reservations and purchase you will agree to our then-current business conditions.
Upon reservation, you will be charged a deposit of DKK 200. This amount will be deducted from the total payment for your stay on departure. When booking through our website, you will receive a booking confirmation by email containing information about your booking and the total cost of the stay.
Booking via telephone, letter or email is subject to a handling fee of DKK 50, -
If you wish to cancel your reservation, the following conditions apply:
Cancellation must be made in writing via email or letter.
If the cancellation is made within 14 days of the booking date, the amount paid is refunded
If a booking is cancelled less than 24 hours before the expected time of arrival (13 PM on the day of arrival), the amount paid will not be refunded. If it is cancelled later than 14 days after the time of reservation, a cancellation fee of DKK 200 will be charged.
If a booking is cancelled later than 14 days before the expected arrival date, a cancellation fee of DKK 200 will be charged.
If a booking is cancelled less than 24 hours before the expected time of arrival (13 PM on the day of arrival), the amount paid will not be refunded.
Booking a stay for more than 10 people must be made in writing or by telephone to the reception. We have areas specifically designed for groups so that both the group and the other guests at the campsite get the best stay possible. However, we can only accommodate a relatively small number of people at the campsite.
Please note that a group booking is not accepted without the approval of the reception. If a booking for a group of more than 10 people is made without a written / telephone contact, we reserve the right to cancel this reservation. This applies regardless of whether the reservation is distributed over several pitches at the campsite. We also reserve the right to rearrange pitches/bookings.
Procedure for late arrival
If you expect to arrive outside of our reception's opening hours, you must contact us by telephone on the day of arrival. Otherwise we will not be able to guarantee the maintenance of your reservation.
In case of arrival outside reception opening hours, it is possible to gain access to the campsite via a self-service terminal in front of our office.
You can check in using the booking reference which is stated on your booking confirmation. Please note that a debit card with PIN is required for checking in at the terminal.
The terminal will provide you with a smart card, which gives access to the campsite via our barrier system, and also to the campsite's common area with kitchen, bath and toilet facilities, washing machine and dryer.
Safety precautions and fire equipment
Your tent or caravan, possibly with awning, should be placed in the middle of your allotted space.
According to requirements from the Danish Fire Saftey Board, the distance to the nearest tent/caravan must be at least 3 meters. For this purpose, you must keep a distance of 1.5 meters for each of the white-painted stones, which define your pitch.
Fire posts have been established at the campsite. Please take note of their location.
Camera surveillance and theft
Surveillance cameras have been installed around the camping site.
We disclaim any liability in case of theft, and encourage our guests not to leave valuables accessible to thieves. You can rent small metal boxes for storing small valuables such as cameras, wallets and passports, and can optionally store them at the reception.
It is possible to rent bicycles at the campsite reception. The bikes are equipped with comfortable seating, 3-gears, foot brake, handbrake, luggage rack, fixed lock with key and ring bell. The bicycles are rented for a 24 hour-period.
- Price per 1 day: DKK 120,-
- Price per 2 day: DKK 210,-
- Price per 3 day: DKK 300,-
- Price per 1 week: DKK 600,-
When renting a bicycle, a deposit of DKK 500 will be charged per bicycle.
Our insurance covers theft of a locked bicycle. If you lose a bike key, you have to pay a fee of DKK 100.
Bus and train connections
- To Copenhagen: Bus 1A to Avedøre station. The route passes Parken, Kongens Nytorv, Nyhavn, Tivoli and Copenhagen Central Station – Departs approximately every 30 minutes.
- Return: Bus 1A mod Klampenborg station. Get off at the stop "Constantia" at Charlottenlund Fort. Departs approximately every 30 minutes.
- Charlottenlund station toward Copenhagen: Follow the path from Strandvejen through the forest to the station. You will pass by Forstbotanical Garden on your way. Take the S-train line C toward Frederikssund or Ballerup.
- Return: S-train line C to Klampenborg station.
The Oresund Bridge
Charlottenlund Fort Camping is located 15 km from the Oresund Bridge. Follow highway E47 towards Rødby, Copenhagen Airport and Malmö. Alternatively, you can find your way through Copenhagen city center.
'The Great Belt Bridge'
Follow highway E47 towards Rødby and then follow the E20 towards Halsskov/Korsør.
Scandlines ferry routes
Charlottenlund Fort Camping is located about 60 km south of Helsingør. Follow the route along Strandvejen in a northerly direction. Alternatively, follow highway E47 towards Helsingør.
Follow highway E47 towards Rødby.
Follow highway E47 towards Rødby and then follow the E56 towards Gedser.
Useful telephone numbers and addresses nearby.
- Pharmacy - Charlottenlund, Lindegårdsvej 51, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 39 64 19 57
- Pharmacy - Hellerup, Strandvejen 165, 2900 Hellerup, tel. 39 62 02 98
- Pharmacy - Lyngby, 24/7, Lyngby Hovedgade 27, 2800 Lyngby, tel. 45 87 00 96
- Bank and ATM - Jyske Bank, Jægersborg Allé 23, 2920 Charlottenlund
- Bank and ATM - Jyske Bank, Strandvejen 112, 2900 Hellerup
- Library - Gentofte Hovedbibliotek, Ahlmanns Allé 6, 2900 Hellerup
- Charlottenlund seaside resort - Kystvejen 2, 2920 Charlottenlund. Open for summer visitors June 1 to August 31. A day ticket costs DKK 20,-
- Animal hospital - Charlottenlund, Bernstorffsvej 246, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 39 64 37 07
- Hairdresser - Confiture, Strandvejen 209, 2900 Hellerup, tel. 39 30 49 50
- Physiotherapist - AP sundhedscenter Charlottenlund, Hans Edvard Teglers vej 72, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 39 90 00 32
- Kildeskovshallen swimmingbath - Adolfsvej 25, 2820 Gentofte, tel. 39 77 44 00
- Chiropractor - Demant Kiroprakti, Gentoftegade 35, 1, 2820 Gentofte, tel. 39 65 12 01
- Doctor - Strandvejen 122, st., 2900 Hellerup, tel. 39 62 15 32
- Medical emergency service - Telephone 1813
- Police - Nordsjællands Politi, Station Syd, Ørnegårdsvej 16, 2820 Gentofte, tel. 112 and 114
- Mailbox - Strandvejen 231 eller Strandlund 102
- Post office - MENY Charlottenlund Posthus, Jægersborg Allé 4, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 70 70 70 30
- Post office - Hellerup Posthus, Strandvejen 64A, 2900 Hellerup. tel. 70 70 70 30
- Super market - Fakta, Jægersborg Allé 14, 2920 Charlottenlund
- Super market - Irma, Jægersborg Allé 21, 2920 Charlottenlund
- Super market - MENY, Jægersborg Allé 4, 2920 Charlottenlund
- Super market - Min Købmand, Strandvejen 221 A, 2900 Hellerup
- Super market - Føtex Food, Strandvejen 193, 2900 Hellerup
- Dentist - Tandlægerne på Alléen, Jægersborgallé 45, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 39 63 98 20
- Taxi - Taxi Nord, tel. 48 48 48 48 - Taxa Nordsjælland tel. 49 16 16 16