Here you can find an overview of local shops, doctors, driving directions and more.
Charlottenlund Fort Camping is located just 7 km north of Copenhagen to Oresund. The campsite is located close to the highway, and there are good bus and train connections to Copenhagen city center - journey by public transport takes about 20-25 minutes. Find your route on Google Maps.
If you go by car via highway E20/E47/E55 from the south or west: Continue on highway E47 towards Helsingør and take exit 17. Coming from the north: Follow highway E47 towards Rødby and take exit 17. Follow the signs against Jægersborg about 400 meters and turn left at the first lights towards Charlottenlund. Continue along Jægersborg Allé, pass two roundabouts and continue approx. 2 km until you come right down to the coast. Turn right on Strandvejen towards Hellerup, and you will find the campsite on your left around 400 meters ahead.
Bus 1A goes directly to Charlottenlund Fort Camping from Copenhagen Central Station and Nørreport Station. The bust stop near the campsite is called "Constantia". Buses run every 30 minutes during the day.
If you travel by train from Copenhagen Airport, you can take Kystbanetoget in the northbound direction towards Helsingør. Get off the train at Hellerup station and change to bus line 192 towards Charlottenlund. Get off the bus at the bus stop "Constantia". Alternatively, take the metro from Copenhagen Airport to Nørreport Station, and then switch to S-train linie B, C or E in the northbound direction and get off at Hellerup Station. Continue with bus line 192 from here to the bus stop "Constantia". S-train line C runs to Charlottenlund Station, which is ten minutes walk from Charlottenlund Fort Camping.
We accept most major credit cards.
When paying at the reception using credit/debit cards, we recommend payment in GBP rather than any other currency, as this exchange rate is least costly for you.
For cash payment we receive in addition following foreign currency in addition to DKK, however only in notes:
Upon reservations and purchase you will agree to our then-current business conditions.
Upon reservation, you will be charged a deposit of DKK 200. This amount will be deducted from the total payment for your stay on departure. When booking through our website, you will receive a booking confirmation by email containing information about your booking and the total cost of the stay.
We do not accept booking of seats by Phone, email, or letter. Reservations must be made via online booking. If you choose to make a reservation in person, a booking fee of DKK 50.00 will be charged, and the deposit of DKK 200 will not be refunded in case of cancellation.
If you wish to change or cancel your reservation, the following conditions apply:
Changes or cancellation must be made in writing by e-mail to email@example.com – Please expect a delayed process time in the winter
If the cancellation is made within 14 days of the booking date, the amount paid is refunded
If a booking is cancelled less than 24 hours before the expected time of arrival (13 PM on the day of arrival), the amount paid will not be refunded. If it is cancelled later than 14 days after the time of reservation, a cancellation fee of DKK 200 will be charged.
If a booking is cancelled later than 14 days before the expected arrival date, a cancellation fee of DKK 200 will be charged.
If a booking is cancelled less than 24 hours before the expected time of arrival (13 PM on the day of arrival), the amount paid will not be refunded.
Terms of sales and delivery
Below you will find useful information related to online booking. Among other things
you can read how we process your entered information, and how you receive your receipt for
All rates in Charlottenlund Fort Camping's online booking system are stated in Danish kroner and
include taxes, unless otherwise clearly stated.
Payment will be made using approved credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard No charges are
added to online bookings.
Information on trading online
As a consumer, you are protected against any misuse of your credit card,
so there is no deductible if your credit card is misused via the internet.
You can read more about how you, as a consumer, should relate to online payments on the
following websites: www.betaling.dk, www.fdih.dk.
Shipment and delivery
Once you have made the booking, you will receive a confirmation of your purchase. The booking
confirmation can be printed from
website and will also be sent to your email immediately after purchase.
The delivery of the ordered product (in this case the stay) will take place upon arrival at Charlottenlund Fort
Registration of information
Your personal information including name, address and mail is registered in Charlottenlund Fort
Campings's customer database in which they will be stored for 5 years. The information will not be
When paying by credit card, the registration takes place on a secure server where the
information is encrypted before being sent over the Internet.
Handling of complaints
If you do not receive your booking confirmation, and if you have not received an error message from
system, please contact the reception at the address below or by phone.
Complaints about the booking procedure, the actual booking or product (the stay) must be made
within a reasonable time after discovery of any errors. You can submit a complaint in writing by
In pursuance of section 83(1) of the Danish Sale of Goods Act, the right to file a complaint will
lapse one year after receipt of the goods (the stay), unless otherwise agreed.
Complaints about the booking process will be handled expeditiously by Charlottenlund Fort
Camping which will decide whether the item must be refunded, exchanged or whether to offer
Charlottenlund Fort Camping
Tel.: +45 44 22 00 65
CVR no: 19438414
Booking a stay for more than 10 people must be made in e-mail. We have areas specifically designed for groups so that both the group and the other guests at the campsite get the best stay possible. However, we can only accommodate a relatively small number of people at the campsite.
Please note that a group booking is not accepted without the approval of the reception. If a booking for a group of more than 10 people is made without a written / telephone contact, we reserve the right to cancel this reservation. This applies regardless of whether the reservation is distributed over several pitches at the campsite. We also reserve the right to rearrange pitches/bookings.
Procedure for late arrival
In case of arrival outside reception opening hours, it is possible to gain access to the campsite via a self-service terminal in front of our office.
You can check in using the booking reference which is stated on your booking confirmation. Please note that a creditcard with PIN is required for checking in at the terminal.
The terminal will provide you with a smart card, which gives access to the campsite via our barrier system, and also to the campsite's common area with kitchen, bath and toilet facilities, washing machine and dryer.
Safety precautions and fire equipment
Your tent or caravan, possibly with awning, should be placed in the middle of your allotted space.
According to requirements from the Danish Fire Saftey Board, the distance to the nearest tent/caravan must be at least 3 meters. For this purpose, you must keep a distance of 1.5 meters for each of the white-painted stones, which define your pitch.
Fire posts have been established at the campsite. Please take note of their location.
Camera surveillance and theft
Surveillance cameras have been installed around the camping site.
We disclaim any liability in case of theft, and encourage our guests not to leave valuables accessible to thieves. You can rent small metal boxes for storing small valuables such as cameras, wallets and passports, and can optionally store them at the reception.
It is possible to rent bicycles at the campsite. The bikes can be rented through the Donkey Republic, which rents bikes easily using the APP. Visit their website
Bus and train connections
- To Copenhagen: Bus 1A to Avedøre station. The route passes Parken, Kongens Nytorv, Nyhavn, Tivoli and Copenhagen Central Station – Departs approximately every 30 minutes.
- Return: Bus 1A mod Klampenborg station. Get off at the stop "Constantia" at Charlottenlund Fort. Departs approximately every 30 minutes.
- Charlottenlund station toward Copenhagen: Follow the path from Strandvejen through the forest to the station. You will pass by Forstbotanical Garden on your way. Take the S-train line C toward Frederikssund or Ballerup.
- Return: S-train line C to Klampenborg station.
The Oresund Bridge
Charlottenlund Fort Camping is located 15 km from the Oresund Bridge. Follow highway E47 towards Rødby, Copenhagen Airport and Malmö. Alternatively, you can find your way through Copenhagen city center.
'The Great Belt Bridge'
Follow highway E47 towards Rødby and then follow the E20 towards Halsskov/Korsør.
Scandlines ferry routes
Charlottenlund Fort Camping is located about 60 km south of Helsingør. Follow the route along Strandvejen in a northerly direction. Alternatively, follow highway E47 towards Helsingør.
Follow highway E47 towards Rødby.
Follow highway E47 towards Rødby and then follow the E56 towards Gedser.
Useful telephone numbers and addresses nearby.
- Pharmacy - Charlottenlund, Lindegårdsvej 51, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 39 64 19 57
- Pharmacy - Hellerup, Strandvejen 165, 2900 Hellerup, tel. 39 62 02 98
- Pharmacy - Lyngby, 24/7, Lyngby Hovedgade 27, 2800 Lyngby, tel. 45 87 00 96
- Bank and ATM - Jyske Bank, Jægersborg Allé 23, 2920 Charlottenlund
- Bank and ATM - Jyske Bank, Strandvejen 112, 2900 Hellerup
- Library - Gentofte Hovedbibliotek, Ahlmanns Allé 6, 2900 Hellerup
- Charlottenlund seaside resort - Kystvejen 2, 2920 Charlottenlund. Open for summer visitors June 1 to August 31. A day ticket costs DKK 20,-
- Animal hospital - Charlottenlund, Bernstorffsvej 246, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 39 64 37 07
- Hairdresser - Confiture, Strandvejen 209, 2900 Hellerup, tel. 39 30 49 50
- Physiotherapist - AP sundhedscenter Charlottenlund, Hans Edvard Teglers vej 72, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 39 90 00 32
- Kildeskovshallen swimmingbath - Adolfsvej 25, 2820 Gentofte, tel. 39 77 44 00
- Chiropractor - Demant Kiroprakti, Gentoftegade 35, 1, 2820 Gentofte, tel. 39 65 12 01
- Doctor - Strandvejen 122, st., 2900 Hellerup, tel. 39 62 15 32
- Medical emergency service - Telephone 1813
- Police - Nordsjællands Politi, Station Syd, Ørnegårdsvej 16, 2820 Gentofte, tel. 112 and 114
- Mailbox - Strandvejen 231 eller Strandlund 102
- Post office - MENY Charlottenlund Posthus, Jægersborg Allé 4, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 70 70 70 30
- Post office - Hellerup Posthus, Strandvejen 64A, 2900 Hellerup. tel. 70 70 70 30
- Super market - Fakta, Jægersborg Allé 14, 2920 Charlottenlund
- Super market - Irma, Jægersborg Allé 21, 2920 Charlottenlund
- Super market - MENY, Jægersborg Allé 4, 2920 Charlottenlund
- Super market - Min Købmand, Strandvejen 221 A, 2900 Hellerup
- Super market - Føtex Food, Strandvejen 193, 2900 Hellerup
- Dentist - Tandlægerne på Alléen, Jægersborgallé 45, 2920 Charlottenlund, tel. 39 63 98 20
- Taxi - Taxi Nord, tel. 48 48 48 48 - Taxa Nordsjælland tel. 49 16 16 16